I’ve made a lot of mistakes but here are the biggest ones
and I hope you avoid them.
1. Waiting until I feel ready before booking the exam.
Don’t wait. Book it and if you really are not ready
when it comes time, move it to another date.
2. Not studying the same time every day. Even if it is at
various times during the day, make sure you form a habit.
3. Leaving my e-mail and phone on while I was studying.
All my friends wanted to call me and chat for half an
hour when I was studying. I also stopped studying every
time an e-mail came in.
Ridiculous. Lock yourself away and remove all
interruptions and distractions. This is your future you
are working on so take it seriously.
4. Taking on too much. Updating books, doing other
courses, decorating the house and so on. FOCUS, FOCUS
5. Listening to doom merchants. People who tell you it
can’t be done or that there is no point as there are
‘no jobs out there anyway.’ Rubbish. Don’t speak or
interact with dream stealers.
6. Not asking for help. When you get stuck, ask for
support. There is plenty on the forum. We are all in
the same boat so don’t be shy.
Paul Browning is the author of Cisco CCNA Simplified. One
of the best selling CCNA study guides available today.