Everyone gets mental blocks from time to time. Here is what I suggest:
1. If you are feeling overwhelmed then feel free to take a break. A day off can work wonders and you should be taking regular breaks.
2. Don’t try to force information in. It never works! Let stuff sink in at the pace that is right for you. If it takes twice as long so what?
3. Make it fun. Read a bit and then see how much of it you can recite. Make memory jogger cards. Set yourself a competition to get certain marks and reward yourself when you get them.
4. Ask for help! If you get stuck then come on the forum and shout. If you are frustrated then tell us and if you finally get it let us all know as well.
Don’t suffer in silence.
5. Attack your brain in many ways. Writing stuff out, reading it out, listening to recordings. Do hand on labs and take exams. Stop half way through an ACL exam and do an ACL lab.
6. Teach it. The only way you will truly know stuff is when you have to teach it to somebody else.