I’ve heard all the excuses about why people can’t study or come on my weekend course (the day before it is due to run). I thought I’d share afew of them with you for fun.
I put down the excuse and my somewhat sarcastic comment about it in square brackets.
In no particular order.
1. I couldn’t make the weekend course because it was raining. [This guy paid $997 twice and didn’t turn up twice. Turned out he was using my course as a cover to see his mistress].
2. I’ve been busy [watching the box set of Lost].
3. My wife is pregnant. [she only fell pregnant last week].
4. I fell down the stairs. [you should get those fixed as you called in last month saying the same thing].
5. It isn’t sinking in. [no, you actually need to open the book to assist in the learning process].
6. My partner won’t let me study. [no, she would rather you sit on the sofa watching TV with her. Get rid of her and you will have lots of free time].
7. I’m a slow learner. [so are the rest of us but c’mon, three years for the CCENT is a bit much].
8. I just don’t have the time. [join the club. Ever heard of getting up earlier. How about weekends? Ever heard of Tivo?]
9. I can’t come this weekend. I forgot it is my wifes/ mothers/own birthday. [don’t they have calendars where you come from]?
10. I don’t have the money to join the site/buy a book [no, it all went on your cigarettes, beer and flat screen TV..sheesh]